Join us this Thursday, November 3rd, at the Michelle Obama Neighborhood Library for our State of the 9th District! Come out and celebrate what we've accomplished together over the last year, and look ahead at what's to come.
At 5:30 pm we will begin with a Garden Reception Honoring the following Empower Uptown Award Winners:
- City Partner Award: Department of Public Works
- Youth Award: Adah Perez, Jordan High School Student & District 9 Intern
- Resident Award: Hilda Gaytan, Co-Chair Hamilton Neighborhood Association
- Clergy Award: Pastor Larry Walkemeyer, Light and Life Church
- Nonprofit Partner Award: YMCA of Greater Long Beach's Youth Institute
- District 9 Small Business Award: Expressions Hair Lounge
- Corporate Partner Award: Kaiser Permanente
Immediately following at 6:00 pm, we encourage you to go check out the Roadmap to the Renaissance Exhibits located throughout the library.
Finally, at 6:30 pm, the State of the 9th District Program will begin.
RSVP TODAY by calling our office at (562) 570-6137 or visiting our Facebook Event Page here.