Area residents are starting to see banners on major North Long Beach streets with an "Uptown Renaissance" logo. These banners are teasing our 2014 awareness campaign for a whole bunch of great developments gearing up in North Long Beach starting in January.
This Renaissance involves numerous projects, including:
- The already completed North Branch Fire Station 12
- The new North Branch Library, construction beginning with the demolition of the Atlantic Theater in January 2014.
- The Deforest Wetlands restoration
- Several area park upgrades
- Street beautification on our major corridors
- The Houghton Park Community Center renovation and joint use agreements with LBUSD and the Jordan High School renovation.
- The PBID Property Business Improvement District initiatives designed strengthen and revitalize the local economy of Uptown.
- And others.
A lot of hard work has been put in over the last several years to see these changes become reality and we want to make sure to honor all that.
We'll be communicating more on all of this all through 2014, so keep an eye out for announcements here on the website and in the newsletter. They will be coming in bunches.