Coolidge Dog Park Grand Opening Saturday
Dog owners all over North Long Beach will be happy to hear there is a great new dog park in their area. Coolidge Dog Park opened Saturday March 22nd to much fanfare and a lot of barking.
Here are a few pics from the event.
This dog park is a fantastic addition to the community for a number of reasons. According to the American Kennel Club, those reasons include:
- Well-exercised dogs are happy dogs, and are more likely to be quiet, good neighbors.
- Dog parks create a sense of community and forge friendships among users, as playful dogs break the ice between strangers.
- Dog parks add to the livability of densely populated areas with small yards.
- Dog Parks promote responsible pet ownership and provides an efficient tool for educating dog owners.
- Dog parks strengthen the bond between owners and their dogs making them less likely to surrender them to a shelter.
- Dog parks discourage crime and loitering and raise property values.
With all this in mind, a "Friends of Coolidge Dog Park" group is being formed. Call our office at 562 570-6137 for more information. And then bring your dog and come check out the park.